Maddox Lane represents my roots, a literal and figurative location, a place where food is love. I was fortunate to grow up understanding the value of farm to table. My family grew and raised our food on a humble Kentucky farm. We had a strawberry patch, hay fields, we bottle-fed calves, and chased pigs around the yard a few hundred times. Us kids were frequently locked out of the house and given a 5-gallon bucket, during the midst of the Kentucky high-humidity and high-heat season, and the ticket to get into air-conditioning was that 5-gallon bucket, full of produce (primarily strawberries, so you can imagine how much work went into filling up that bucket!). Living this lifestyle is where a strong work ethic and appreciation for food came from.
As a family we shared our day around the supper table. Mom had a childlike spirit of joy and a passion for food, but she never took cooking too seriously and that is the same philosophy I carry in my own kitchen. I also believe the energy that you cook with infuses your food, the kitchen should be filled with joy. Mom was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor and stage 4 brain cancer at 38 years old. At the age of fifteen, I was given a jarring look into conventional medicine and our broken healthcare & insurance systems. That experience impacted my belief system around food and wellness and I strongly value a preventative care model and a holistic approach to health.
When I was getting my business degree, I never thought I would spend as many days in the kitchen as I do now. It was during my time in Los Angeles working under a nutritionist and overseeing her business operations, that I knew food would be a bigger part of my path. I saw many clients come in, but they weren’t successful on getting the food & nutrition component dialed in, so we set out to solve that. Together, we created a wildly popular delivery program, a plant-based cleanse, the Elissa Goodman program. I poured my heart into creating that program with her, and the learning experience gave me the experience and courage I needed to create Maddox Lane.
Over time, my passion grew beyond a cleanse program, I wanted to nourish others with food program that sustainable long term. My research led me to base it primarily on Mediterranean diet principles because of the research and integrity in eating that way. While we don’t push any diet, Maddox Lane focuses on ingredient integrity, taste, fun, well-being and, love. We provide a balanced and sustainable approach to food, prepared in a way that supports your longevity and brings convenience to your life.
I’ve studied “Blue Zone” lifestyle principles, we strongly emphasize the core principles of The Mediterranean Diet and offer flexible Plant-Based Diet meals to our customers. In 2023, I became a Certified Olive Oil Sommelier, receiving my certification from the Olive Oil Times program In New York City. I dedicated myself to learning as much about the Mediterranean diet principles as I can, because I am as passionate about learning and sharing knowledge as I am cooking and eating.
As we’ve built up a team, I have to acknowledge people who make Maddox Lane. In 2020 (by a random classified ad, no less) I met Chef Robert McGrath. He has become a mentor and friend and has worked alongside me because he believes in Maddox Lane and what we do. It is humbling to have the support of a local chef legend and fellow Kentuckian. Robert is a big part of why our food quality is what it is and I am grateful for his contribution. We also have the support from Our Community Kitchen – a space that is the cleanest I’ve ever worked in and I feel fortunate to be surrounded by people who know how tough this business is and encourage me to keep going. Community is what keeps small business going and I wake up grateful for mine every day.
At Maddox Lane, we don’t believe in deprivation, rigidity and restrictions around food. We love you, no matter what you eat. Let’s connect, let’s build a community! Reach out to me via email email@example.com and give us a follow on Instagram @maddoxlaneaz.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Weekly food delivery program inspired by the Mediterranean Diet (with vegan options available).
- Maddox Lane offers corporate food service as well. From delivering lunch daily to our corporate clients to our contract on campus at ASU, we now provide more than meal delivery for your team!
- Olive Oil Sommelier – Amber is a Certified Olive Oil Sommelier and we offer tastings, education and dinners for clients and brands.
- The Maddox Lane team is passionate about the Mediterranean diet and love sharing knowledge and enthusiasm through cooking classes, at workshops and retreats and through our food delivery.
- Food Styling – Amber is certified by the International Culinary Institute in NYC and worked in Los Angeles as a freelance food stylist for natural, organic, and plant-based brands
- Maddox Lane works with food, wellness, and nutrition brands on events, retreats, and consulting for products in the food space.
Our services are perfect for:
- Foodies and food lovers who understand the value of eating well and consider diet a form of self care.
- Event planners creating wellness events and retreats.
- Busy families, high level professionals, athletes in training/recovery, and any one who understands the importance of nourishing their bodies will benefit from Maddox Lane food.
- Corporate wellness managers, human resource managers who and high performing executive teams who want to bring in a corporate food program that will support their employees wellness and productivity.
- Doctor’s, Nutritionist’s, Health Coaches, and Fitness Trainers who need a partnership with an expert to bring their clients the best food program options.
We’d love to discuss more with you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.